Don’t ever give up!!
7 Health Benefits of Celery:
- Immune System: The high amounts of vitamin C in celery promote a healthy immune system.
- Blood Pressure: Celery contains pthalides, which have been shown to lower blood pressure by relaxing the muscles around the arteries and allowing vessels to dilate. The calcium, magnesium, and potassium in celery also helps regulate blood pressure.
- Cholesterol: The pthalides in celery may also lower cholesterol by increasing bile acid secretion.
- Cancer: Celery contains coumarins which have been shown to be effective in the prevention of cancer.
- Diuretic: Celery has been used as a diuretic for centuries. Its diuretic effect comes from its balance of potassium and sodium which helps to flush out excess fluid from the body.
- Inflammation: Celery is believed to have anti-inflammatory properties, which may help with ailments attributed to inflammation such as arthritis.
- Diet Aid: Celery will not directly cause you to lose weight, but it is a great aid in weight loss because it is very low in calories and has a lot of filling fiber.
3/4 cup cucumber slices
1 1/2 cups carrots, sliced*
1/4 cup salsa for dipping
1 large egg, hard-boiled
*Crunch carrots in the afternoon and you’ll munch less at dinner. The fiber helps keep you satisfied.
Total: 182 calories
xo - Samantha
Current weight: 165 pounds
Current BMI: 26.6
Current pants size: 12
Goal Weight: 124 pounds
Deadline: August 2012